Before the latest Transformers: The Last Knight trailer arrived, the Birth.Movies.Death. staff put together something of a wish list - a list of demands, really - comprised of all the things we wanted to see in the next Transformers: The Last Knight trailer.
The list is as follows:
- Blood dripping from a cross
- Robots with swords
- A Robot butler wandering a castle with a candle
- Optimus Prime, the franchise's hero, in chains
- Sweeping shots of a junkyard at sunset
- Mark Wahlberg providing life advice
- Mark Wahlberg pretending to do science
- Anthony Hopkins transparently collecting a paycheck
- Glasses being used as props to make people look smart
- Giant rocks
- Giant spaceships
- Giant space-rocks possibly being used as spaceships
- An actress who looks like Megan Fox
- Medieval battles (with explosions)
- Bumblebee getting sworded in the forehead
- Bumblebee making an "O" face
- Robots punching other Robots
- Someone yelling about "not giving up" on something else
- A Robot shooting a gatling gun
- A totally incomprehensible attempt to explain the plot
Folks, I am happy to report that the new Transformers: The Last Knight trailer nailed it.
Here's the official plot synopsis, via Trailer Track:
Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager; Bumblebee; an English Lord; and an Oxford Professor.
Sure, okay. Transformers: The Last Knight arrives on June 23rd.