Disclosure: Both Mondo and BMD are owned by the Alamo Drafthouse.
Our friends over at Mondo just announced the programming lineup for this year's MondoCon, and it's pretty killer: they've got two exclusive screenings (which, for the first time ever, will be held at the Alamo Drafthouse's South Lamar location), a slew of interesting panels (including the return of the great Mondo Live Draw panel, which features Mondo talent creating a poster on the fly, in real time), and a parade of excellent food vendors (yes, there will be vegan options).
Here's the full lineup for November 4th and 5th:
"We're so excited to announce our programming schedule for MondoCon 2017!
For panels, we're bringing back the MC favorites along with a few new ones including The Art of Games, Comics: Behind the Panels Panel, and an awesome new line-up for our Live Draw panel. Evening screenings will be held at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar this year: EX MACHINA, LABYRINTH...with a few titles to be announced! We're also hosting playthroughs of our upcoming board game, THE THING: INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31 all weekend long.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH
11AM - 12PM - The Art of Games
12:10PM - 1:10PM - Underscore: A Soundtrack Panel
1:30PM - 2:30PM - The Art of Toymaking
2:50PM - 3:50PM - Comics: Behind the Panels Panel
7PM - Ex Machina (Screening at Alamo Drafthouse)
9:30PM - Labyrinth (Screening at Alamo Drafthouse)
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH
1:30PM - 2:30PM - Mondo Live: Draw & Design
4PM - 5:30PM - Mondo Talk"
In addition to everything above, Mondo will be announcing two more screenings at South Lamar the night of the 5th. All of the above panels (read: everything that isn't a screening) will take place at the Austin American Statesman Building. Those wishing to attend panels will need to RSVP at this link on Tuesday, October 17th. Mondo also points out that:
"80% of the seats will be held for RSVPs, which will guarantee a seat in the theater. There will be a standby line outside the theater for the remaining 20% of seats, plus any no-show RSVP spots. A MondoCon wristband and ticket are both required for entry."
As for the food lineup: Austin's Kebabalicious, Arlo's, Zucchini Kill, Juice Austin, Slab, The Mighty Cone, Jewboy Burgers will be on-hand, with Little Brother taking care of all your beverage needs. You can read more about each of these food trucks (and every other panel being held at this year's MondoCon) over at this page.
This is all very exciting, and we can't wait to see what kind of awesome posters and collectibles the Mondo crew unleashes at MondoCon this year. Who amongst the BMD readership's attending this year? Sound off in the comments below!