The Week In Fake Movie News: The TV Prequel Edition
* It looks like the Twilight series may not be as finished as we all thought. After purchasing Summit, the franchise's studio, Lionsgate revealed plans to keep the series going. So far, their focusing on the development of a TV show about Jacob and Reseneemeenese's relationship and the troubles one runs into when trying to date an infant. The show will also examine serious issues facing Native Americans today.
* Marcus Nispel is in talks to adapt comic book Hack/Slash. He says he looks forward to making the film just as soon as someone else makes it first.
* A&E is developing a television show based on a movie called Psycho. The show is about an innocent boy whose odd relationship with his mother leads him down some shocking paths. Show creators promise that they won't just be throwing ideas out with no payoff. "We already have an ending for the show written, and it's a classic," said one writer.
* Fox reportedly wants to be in the Deadpool business, despite America's obvious rejection of Ryan Reynolds as a superhero. The idea is that Deadpool could be an exception because with the the make-up you can hardly tell it's Ryan Reynolds, and his mouth will be sewn shut for the whole movie.
* A new image for new James Bond outing, Skyfall, reached the Internet this week. The image, showing 007 sitting casually on the edge of a pool, was intended to tease only those James Bond fans who really want to fuck Daniel Craig.
* The CW is putting together a TV show based around DC Comics character Green Arrow. Creators claim the show will utilize a different origin than that of the comics. Also, he will not be known as Green Arrow, but Oliver King. Also he will not have Green Arrow's iconic facial hair. Also, he will not use a boy and arrow but a gun. Also, he will have the ability to speak to fish. Also, he will be able to fly but not until the third season.
* Talking about his upcoming film, Dark Shadows, Tim Burton admitted this week that he isn't really sure what the movie is about or if it will be any good. In related news, it sounds like Dark Shadows might actually be awesome.
* A while ago, it looked like Bruce Willis was going to star in The Tomb, only to lose the role to Sylvester Stallone. Now, Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks to appear alongside Stallone as his partner. The film also stars Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme, Terry Crewes, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Mickey Rourke.
* J.J. Abrams' production company, Bad Robot, is putting together an action movie to be directed by Brad Parker. Being a Bad Robot movie, we won't be able to offer a plot summary until the day it comes out and everyone's already disappointed with it.
* Batnews! Tickets for this summer's The Dark Knight Rises have already gone on sale. Unfortunately, reports for the first day ticket sales fall way short of expectations, and the film is already being branded a failure. Too bad. We thought it looked like it'd be a good movie.
* Kim Novak, star of Vertigo, has filed a police report against the film The Artist, charging the film with rape. Whether this will end the film's Oscar changes remains to be seen. Many are calling for it's disqualification, while others claim she was asking for it by going to see the film totally nude.