About a week ago, we launched the Birth.Movies.Death. Keeping Families Together charity raffle, benefiting our friends at the TX Civil Rights Project. A number of awesome prizes were offered up to everyone who threw in, and we figured those would generate a good deal of donations, but...man, you folks really outperformed our wildest expectations: in the end, you helped us raise over $10,000 for this non-profit, all of which is going to be put to very good use in the near future (read more about what the TX Civil Rights Project is up to here).
So, first of all, let me say thanks. Thanks from the BMD staff, thanks from the Mondo staff, thanks from the Alamo Drafthouse - you folks helped us do a very good thing, and we're proud of every one of you. It means more to all of us than I can possibly put into words.
Secondly: it's time to reveal the winners, and what they won! Here ya go:
- Winner #1: Stephen Dowling (Stephen King-signed copy of The Gunslinger, Mondo's Drive poster, signed BMD mag)
- Winner #2: Vincent Mancuso (Original needlepoint art by Evan Saathoff, Mondo's Harlequinade print, a $50 Drafthouse giftcard, signed BMD mag)
- Winner #3: Chris Crottogini (Signed Cosmopolis one-sheet, signed Dawn of The Dead poster, $50 Drafthouse giftcard, signed BMD mag)
- Winner #4: Joseph Clay Hinson (Mondo's 2001: A Space Odyssey poster, signed Josie And The Pussycats LP)
- Winner #5: Alex H. (A pair of Spheero Star Wars droids, signed Josie And The Pussycats LP)
Congratulations to all of our winners, who will be receiving their prizes in the mail over the next few weeks, either directly from Mondo or from the BMD staffers who donated them (Mr. Mancuso, you'll be hearing from Evan directly, so you can negotiate the terms of the needlepoint he'll be making for you), and thanks so, so much to everyone who chipped in on this for us. We feel great about it, and you should, too!