“Listen, you oughta ditch the two geeks you’re in the car with now and get in with us, but that’s alright, we’ll worry about that later. I will see you there. Alright?”
Alright, alright, alright!
The Alamo Drafthouse’s Rolling Roadshow invites you to hop in the car with Wooderson and ease on over to Austin’s Zilker Park Moontower for a party with Richard Linklater and members of the cast and crew from Dazed and Confused. In addition to the interactive screening that will begin after dark, the event promises food vendors, live music, and plenty of props like pacifiers and paddles to keep those little freshmen in line.
Oh, did we mention there’ll be beer? The sheer number of kegs at this thing will make you wanna dance and don’t even get me started on the Longbranch Bourbon, a collaboration between Matthew McConaughey and Wild Turkey that sounds potent enough to inspire many a trip to the top of the Moontower.
Here's a few details, via the event's EventBrite page:
On August 24th, Alamo Drafthouse’s Rolling Roadshow is taking over Austin's Zilker Park Moontower for a 25th anniversary interactive screening of one of the most iconic films of the 1990s, DAZED AND CONFUSED. Director Richard Linklater and members of the cast and crew will be there live and in person for this special one-night-only Movie Party event that benefits the Austin Film Society and Austin Parks Foundation.
- The screening starts at dark, but the epic pre-party starts at 6pm with live music. Pro-tip: you’ll wanna arrive early for the best seats (bring your own chair). Doors at 5pm.
- Because this is an Alamo Drafthouse Movie Party, we’ll be providing interactive elements like pacifiers, purity pledges, and, of course, paddles.
- There'll be plenty of full kegs of Independence Brewing Co.’s Native Texan beer on hand and a cash bar, so come thirsty.
- Longbranch Bourbon, a collaboration between Matthew McConaughey and Wild Turkey will be available as well as Skyy Vodka in pre-mixed keg cocktails.
- Texas-based lifestyle brand Kendra Scott Designs will be at the event with a special pop-up shop.
- Food vendors will be present on site.
- Parking at Zilker Park will be free.
This event is presented by Independence Brewery, Longbranch Bourbon, Skyy Vodka, Kendra Scott, Austin Parks Foundation, and Austin Film Society.
The event will take place on Friday, August 24th at 5pm. Learn more and purchase your tickets here!
See ya there...if you're cool, man!