Disclosure: Mondo and BMD are both owned by the Alamo Drafthouse.
Last night, our friends at Mondo threw open the doors on one of their most highly-anticipated gallery shows ever: an entire showcase dedicated to the MCU's first ten years. Featuring brand-new posters from Matt Taylor, Sara Deck, Oliver Barrett, 100% Soft, Marc Aspinall, Martin Ansin and many others (along with some of Mondo's classic MCU prints, like Olly Moss' Black Widow), this new collection of artwork was one of the Mondo Gallery's most dynamic showcases yet.
I, of course, was on-hand to take a nice, long gawk at these new prints, and I've returned with a number of photos I think the BMD readership will be most pleased by. Here they are, in no particular order.
A few notes here:
- How great is it that Marc Aspinall dedicated an entire print to Captain America: The Winter Soldier's elevator fight scene?
- Both of those Black Panther prints were, unfortunately, not on sale yet; the tag attached noted that both were still "pending approval" from the studio
- Johnny Dombrowski's Doctor Strange was one of the best in show, and the reg even mimicked the look of a faded comic book cover!
- I overheard more than one person buying Amien Juugo's The Avengers print because it prominently features Tom Hiddleston
- 100% Soft's Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 is somehow even more charming in person.
If you're gonna be in the Austin area at any point in the next few weeks, do make a point to stop by the Mondo Gallery and check these prints out for yourself. Everyone else is encouraged to stand by: everything that didn't sell out at the show last night will be available via the Mondo website at some point in the not-too-distant future (you should follow @MondoNews for updates on when those drops will occur).
What do you folks think? Which one's your favorite? Will you be gunning for one of these prints during the inevitable online drop? Sound off in the comments below, and stay tuned for more from our friends at Mondo in the weeks ahead.